Apply for Honours
We encourage students to submit their applications by 30 November rather than waiting to the final central deadline of 31 January. This maximises the chance of gaining appropriate supervision and gives adequate time to identify a topic and prepare a research proposal.
To be eligible for our Honours programs, you need to:
- have recently graduated and have completed a major in political science, international relations, public policy or peace and conflict studies
- have a grade point average of 5.5 or better from this major
- secure the agreement of a supervisor for their project.
Under certain circumstances, the Head of School may waive one or more of these requirements. Please read the following instructions to Honours applicants for more details about all entry requirements.
How to apply
- identify a thesis topic and secure supervision
- apply through the central online application system attaching a short research proposal.
For academic advice contact the Honours Coordinator: Dr. Liz Strakosch
Room 555, GPN3 (Building 39A)
For administrative enquires, contact the Student Enquiries Officer: Ms Marian Ophof
Room 536, Level 5, GPN3 (Building 39A)
Telephone: +61 7 3346 9544
Facsimile: +61 7 3365 1388